Monday, 2 December 2013

Christmas is on its way!

December is here, FINALLY. In Japan, as soon as October 31st is over, the Halloween decorations get put away and out come the Christmas ones. I've been listening to carols for weeks! 

In my house, our (my?) rule is that we have to wait for December. So since the 1st of December was a Sunday, what better way to spend the day than getting out our Christmas tree and putting up the decorations. 
Amelia is 2.5 now. This is her first Christmas where she really knows what's going on. She is very knowledgeable about it all, thanks to lots of Christmas books we have. 
Yesterday we were putting up the tree and she was talking about the star. We don't have a nice big star to put on top of the tree, but we need one now! Amelia has seen it in her book, Merry Christmas Mom and Dad

So today our project was to make one. I made this one: It's a 3D paper snowflake but looks a bit like a star when you put it on top of the tree



2 comments:

  1. Your Christmas tree is amazing!
    Mine is currently tiny and so bare looking! It's my First Christmas in Japan (and away from Family). So I am looking forward to experiencing the differences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It took quite a few years to build up to this size! I got it from Nitori about 2 years ago. I hope you enjoy your first Christmas in Japan!

    ReplyDelete