Sunday, 22 January 2012

Shopping for Dolls

Today we went to a Doll shop, looking for Amelia's Girl's Day Dolls, or Doll's Festival dolls. This special day for girls is on March 3rd, and I was told today in the shop that the dolls are to be displayed for a month beforehand. 
So with that in mind, we looked around at what might be a good option for our family. The dolls range from expensive to crazy wildly expensive, from just 2 dolls up to a 7 tiered monstrosity that takes over half your living room.
We were allowed to take some photos, provided that the price was not shown, since my sister was with us and since she came all the way from NZ they said ok. 

So now you guys can see, too. 




This one is for Boys day on May 5th


4 comments:

  1. I guess people like me who have both a boy and a girl are really in for it with the bills. Love your blog! So nice to read about a normal family as that's the state of life I'm in too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! It is the grandparents who usually buy the dolls or armor for their grandchildren. We are lucky that we get to choose ourselves what we want and Nanna and Popa will foot the bill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wondered....what exactly are they for? Do the kids get to play with them? Are they just for display?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they are very much a "just for looking" thing. But the shop assistand assured me that the more dolls and other bits and pieces to decorate, the better as that is part of the fun...:) I guess if you think of it like a Christmas tree then maybe it is. To me it looks like a lot of work for me!

    ReplyDelete